PIRHL is committed to sustainable development, leveraging green technology to help ensure the long term viability and energy efficiency of each property. As an ENERGY STAR ® Partner, PIRHL makes a conscious effort to minimize carbon footprints by building Green. PIRHL develops and constructs to meet Enterprise Green Communities Criteria which include, but are not limited to:
- Integrative and Universal Design
- Access To Public Transportation
- Low Impact Development
- Storm Water Management
- Energy Star Rated Appliances And Construction Materials
- Carpet Institute’s ‘Green Label’ Carpet
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Paints, Caulking, Sealants And Adhesives
- Use Of Recycled Materials And Use Of Water Saving Devices
- Photovoltaic / Solar Hot Water System
- Geothermal HVAC system
PIRHL is committed to developing using the highest standards in design and environmental sustainability.
PIRHL has received a 2013 ENERGY STAR Leadership in Housing Award . Each year, EPA recognizes builders that achieve specific levels of accomplishment with Leadership in Housing Awards. This award recognizes the important contribution PIRHL has made to energy-efficient construction and environmental protection.